Cyber & Tech Liability
Information & Network Security, Privacy Liability, and Technology Professional Liability
Summary of Product
Information & Network Security coverage provides Policyholders with legal defense and indemnity protection arising from the following Wrongful Acts:
- Misappropriation or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information* in the Insured’s care, custody or control.
- A breach or violation of U.S. federal or state statutes and regulations associated with the control and use of Personally Identifiable Information.
Network Security Wrongful Act: Breach of duty committed by the Insured or Third Party Contractor which causes a breach of the Insured’s Network Security which results in:
- Unauthorized access to, use of or tampering with a third party’s network.
- Identity Theft or credit/debit card fraud.
- Unauthorized release of a third party’s confidential and propriety business information.
Media Wrongful Acts: Breach of duty of the Insured in connection with the Insured’s Advertising or Electronic Content which results in:
- Defamation, slander or libel related to harm the character or reputation of another person.
- Unfair competition, deceptive trade practices, misrepresentations, product or service disparagement of an organization.
- Misappropriation or misdirection of messages or media of third parties including meta tags, Website Domains and names, and related cyber content.
- Plagiarism, piracy or misappropriation of ideas, infringement of copyright, domain name, trade dress, title or slogan or the dilution or infringement of trademark, service mark, service name or trade name.
*Personally Identifiable Information: information which an individual may be uniquely and reliably identified (i.e. date of birth, SSN, PIN’s, address or phone number, credit card numbers or protected health information)